Dartmouth House Policies
Smoke Free Inn
- Easy self check-in. We will send the entry door code in an email the day before check in. Of-course you can call us if you have any questions during the self check-in.
- Check-in starts at 3 PM. If you expect to arrive before 3 PM, please do let us know and we will do our best to get your room ready for early check-in.
- Check-out is by 11 AM.
- Reservation can be cancelled at no cost by 11:59 PM 2 days before the check-in date. Cancellation within 2 days of arrival or "no show" will incur one day room cost plus tax.
- Gift certificates may be issued for cancellations due to extenuating circumstances (excluding no-shows).
- Please note that 7 day minimum special cancellation policies applies during University of Rochester graduation week, Lilac festival and special event days.
- Group reservations also have a 7 day minimum cancellation policy. Group reservation is defined as 3 or more room on same name or on the same credit card.
- Guests who stay fewer nights than reserved are subject to the cancellation policy for those nights.
Smoke Free Inn
- Dartmouth House is smoking free and vaping free property. Smoking is not permitted either the inside of the property or on the outside front/back porch. A minimum cleaning fee of $200 will be applied.
- Dartmouth House is pet free property. We love animals, but many people have allergies. Therefore, we regret that we cannot allow pets.
- All our rooms are double occupancy. Extra guest is allowed only in our two of the largest room, Seneca and Canandaigua at the cost of $40 per guest aged 10 or older.
- We welcome all children travelling with their parents. No charge is made for children 10 or younger.
- No more than 2 adult and 1 child (under 10) is allowed in our standard rooms.
- No more than 2 adult and 2 children (under 10) are allowed in Seneca and Canandaigua room.
- Additional fold away bed can be requested at the cost of $20. Fold away beds are only available for Seneca and Canandaigua room.